Friday 13 May 2011

Fan-Art Friday #12: Ramona Flowers

Another last minute Fan-Art Friday! This week I have been busy doing sketches for a COMIC, that I'm working on with Jobby the Job :)

I wanted to draw a lady today, because I (generally) suck at drawing the fairer sex, especially trying to keep them in my style (which is hard enough to pin down at the best of times). Anyhoo, after a few failed attempts at drawing the lovely Amy Pond (suggested by my even lovlier girlfriend Kat ^_^), I sketched this pic of Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim Vol. 2

Brian Lee O'Malley has excellent skills at drawing characters of both sexes in a consistent, expressive style and (despite being a bit of a latecomer to the whole Scott Pilgrim thing) his books have been a massive influence on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment